Tuesday, April 24, 2012

You're gonna miss this...


You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days
Hadn't gone by so fast...

These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this...

Why does time have to go so quickly...  I have two weeks left on maternity leave and I am dreading it with every fiber in my being.  I'm finally getting to know my little lady and I like our little daily routine.  

Right after I had Finn, I was ready to go back to work.  I really didn't have a great deal of knowledge about babies and I didn't know what to do when she cried.  Those first 3-4 weeks I was counting down the days until I could get a little bit of "my old life" back.  Now I'm hoping for the opposite.  I'm hoping that time will stand still, just a little bit longer so I can enjoy my girl.


Somewhere in the last 10 weeks, this crazy little lady has become my everything.  I can't imagine life without her.  In fact, I guess it's been almost 11 months since she has entered my life.  I found out I was pregnant on June 11th and it was then that my life became about preparing for her arrival.


Those 9 months of wondering... Would it be a boy or a girl?  Once we found out it was a girl, what would she look like?  Who would she resemble more?  How should I decorate her nursery?  What kind of personality was she going to have?  How will I survive having my life be all about her?


Now I can't imagine what my life was like before her.  I can't imagine not having her smiles and laughter in the morning.  I can't imagine not having her napping on my chest in the afternoon.  I can't imagine her not sitting with me as I read my book in the evening.


My life is forever changed in the most wonderful way.

E always jokes with me because I think that she is the cutest baby in the world.  I have told him that I think she looks like a Gerber baby, perfect in every way.  And it's stuck.  He always teases when she does something really cute, saying that she is definitely a Gerber baby.  He also teases when she is a fuss bucket, saying "Oh, I think that she is a definitely Gerber baby when she screams like this."


In the developmental front, Finn is almost 10 weeks old!  She'll be 10 weeks on Thursday.  She has now starting grabbing everything that is placed in her tiny little hands, mostly Mama's hair!  But I put her in her Pack 'N Play to change her this weekend and Lucy was laying in there.  I plopped Finn down and changed her.  She could feel Lucy's fur on her head and she started to stretch really big.

  

Her little arms started stretching high above her head, running her hand along Lucy's side.  And then she started grabbing the fur at Lucy's stomach!  Lucy just laid there, not even noticing the little hands pulling at her soft tummy fur.


Now all this softness in her hands made Finn really excited and she started dancing her little heart out!  With the Pack 'N Play floor still being at hip level, every high kick that Finn was doing was shaking the whole entire Pack 'N Play. 


All her intricate dance moves make playing in there a lot more fun for her because the shaking causes the toys dangling from above dance as well.  And hell, NO ONE likes to dance by themselves, am I right? 


Well, apparently Lucy wasn't in the dancing mood, because she got up and left after about 5 minutes of Finn's dance party of 1!


In other big news, Finn has her 2 month well-baby check this Friday!  So we will get to see how much she has grown in the last 6 weeks.  I'm not going to tell her that she is getting shots -- I'll let the doctor tell her that.

Today is also the day that I move all of her newborn clothes out and put her in 0-3 month clothes.  The girl is just getting WAY too long for any of her newborn clothes.  Even the pants that were fitting her are looking like high-waters!  Every time I would put on those pants, I always starting singing about how the Lord told Noah there's gonna be a flood.  Of course, there will be tears on my part, but knowing that my crazy lady is growing makes me very happy.  My boob juice is doing its job!

And the biggest news of all?!?!?!?  My mother, two of my aunts, and two of my cousins are coming this weekend for a visit!!!!!!  It'll be an all-girls weekend, save E.  Finn and I are really excited and will have a lot of photos to post on Monday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment