Tuesday, March 20, 2012

One-month baby check-up

On Friday, Finn had her one-month well baby checkup.  It went great!

When we took her home from the hospital, she had lost 10% of her body weight (which is on the borderline of too much).  She weighed in at 7lb 5oz the day we left the hospital.  At her one-month check up, she weighed in at 9lb 3oz!  The doctor said that she is right at the 50th percentile for her weight as well as her head circumference.

And in one month, she has grown 1.5 inches!!!  She was 20.25 inches at birth and she measured in at 21.7 inches!  In fact, this morning when I was trying to put on one of her newborn sleepers, she couldn't stretch her legs all the way out!  She was too big for it.  (It made me cry that she was growing out of her newborn stuff -- I know... I'm going to be a wreck as a mother if I'm getting emotional about her moving up a size!)


 Waiting for her shot... (Thanks, Auntie Mandy, for the stylin' outfit that I wore to the doctor's office!)


       Believe me, she wasn't this calm after her vaccinations...
      
The doctor kept telling me how big she has gotten since her one week visit.  She also commented on how fair she is and how we really need to be careful this summer with her pale skin.  Hopefully she takes after her mother -- I get really pale during the winter time, but tan pretty easily during the summer months.  Guess we won't find out for another couple of years.  But hopefully she isn't like her father who gets a sunburn opening the refrigerator door too long!

The doctor also told me how beautiful her name was.  She said that it took her a little bit to get used to the name, but once she knew how to say it, she couldn't get over how beautiful it was!

We had E's folks over last weekend.  They thoroughly enjoyed Finn.  We just spent the weekend watching basketball (totally my call) and laying around the house snuggling with Finn.  On St. Patrick's Day, I added the mobile over the Pack-N-Play and we realized that she LOVED the mobile!

"Me first St. Patrick's Day!"  (Thanks Grandma P. for the onsies!)



 Happy baby!

We also tried out both the sling and the Moby Wrap.  Both were a huge success!  


The sling was wonderful.  She was already sleepy when I put her in there and she fell asleep.  She didn't stay in the sling long.  I think that she has to be just a little bit bigger for the sling to work effectively.  Even though she was secure in the sling, her neck was practically sitting on her chest.  Obviously, she didn't mind because she fell asleep, but I thought it looked uncomfortable.  So we'll put the sling to use in a month or so when she gains a little more control of her neck and packs on some more pounds.

Not bad for my first time! (Pay no attention to worn out mom with no makeup on behind the curtain!)

Completely asleep!

The minute that I put her in the Moby, she fell asleep!  I put the Moby on myself -- I think for doing it the first time and by myself, I did pretty well.  It's not as pretty as the instruction book, but she was super secure in there and loved being right up against my chest.  With the weather being wonderful, the next time we go out, I'm definitely going to think about bringing her around in the Moby!

And I'll leave you with a parting photo and completely makes my heart smile...

E & Finn, sleeping on the couch...

No comments:

Post a Comment